Europa-List: Re: of interest

Subject: Europa-List: Re: of interest
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 10:55:00

Thanks for the detailed write up Bud. And thanks graham for the info on the
coordinates.

Bud, I have a feeling that once I start flying I will be too lazy to start
playing
with changing anything in the plane. It always happens. I still intend to
fly on primer just because I won't have the money initially to have a nice paint
job done (although I am very good at painting myself and have good equipment).
I am not sure I want to go through the exercise of making a spray booth at
home again. I will see what happens when I get to that point.

Profiling the wing is not something I am crazy about. Just got a little carried
away by the inspiring videos for the AR5 and AR6. Neat stuff. I hate sanding
in general and per your info it seems the airfoil is not that sensitive to
variation
(or it's molded pretty good as you mention). A nice true stall will be
a must for me although I had my share of nasty stalling airplanes in my life.

I do want to work on the cooling part (I have your paper plus a bunch of good
info
---From others in the forum). I thought about toying with the root fairing after
I get the plane flying. The existing fairing does look a bit  simplistic but
it begs to ask whether the Europa really benefits from interference drag
reduction.

No, I don't want to work more than needed to get the plane in the air but it
would
be neat to have small projects to work on after it's done. With my current
work and family situation I am not really using the airplanes for traveling so
being down a little here and there doesn't hurt me (and the fact I have another
cruising plane at my disposal).

But I will fly the heck out of it for the first year without doing anything to
it for sure :)

Best,
Chris

Read this topic online here: