Re: Europa-List: Re: of interest

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: of interest
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2019 16:43:09

Chris
If its heavy, drag reduction will help! Gaps, holes and wing root fillets arent
heavy. A showroom paint job will be heavy and wonr reduce drag much. I put Jim
Price VGs on my Long EZ and low speed handling was fabulous. Not much loss of
cruise speed either.
Most important thing on a Europa is the leading edge of the wing. Classics tend
to be less accurate and some have questionable stall behaviour. (Mine bit me!
)
Graham

> On 13 Aug 2019, at 16:32, n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Thanks for the reply Freddy.
>
> I am happy about progress but it is coming at a price: I am not doing much of
anything besides work and then building airplane :) My poor family has been
extremely
patient I have to say!. But to me getting home and working on the plane
is a form of therapy so my wife understands and lets me work :)

> It may not sound like from my posting but I am also incredibly lazy when it
> comes
to modifying. I have done very little of that in my Europa because I want
to finish it quickly. But since I have two other airplanes I can fly (a LongEZ
and a Kolb firestar) I am going to leave the Europa on primer and use up
leftover
materials to do small changes here and there (mostly aesthetics and drag
related). I've been told that once you finish a project like this you crave
missing
some epoxy and doing something. So making little improvements may be a
fun hobby after the build is finished.

> My biggest concern is weight. I want to keep it light so let's see what weight
I get when I finish. If light enough I may try drag improvements but if heavy
I may refrain from adding anything to it.