Re: Europa-List: Re: of interest

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: of interest
From: Gaham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 11:45:42

Chris
Somewhere accurate co-ordinates are on the web. It's 25 years since I had much
to do with it and several computer failures too.
Kingsley Hurst might have them? You could ask Andy Draper but he left Europa
many
years ago.
Put the message out on the Club forum, someone should know but it's all from at
least 15 years ago. Seems like 6 months to me but time leaves me behind these
days!
Graham

> On 13 Aug 2019, at 17:06, n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Good points Graham and will probably do the items you mention.
>
> I am planning to paint only stabs, ailerons and maybe flaps white so I can
> balance
before first flight and not worry afterwards if I paint the whole plane.
The rest will be primer and thin coat of sealer. This was a Lancair builder
center
did with their planes (Evolutions) we had here at our field.

> I used to fly a longEZ with VGs and it flew nice but I kept breaking them when
I handled the plane or cleaned it so my current one has none (and a GU canard!).
But my EZ flies great, very docile and the canard stalls at 58 knts so no
complains. yes, it will pitch down in rain (or not take off in rain and heavy)
but I don't fly in rain often.

> Regarding the wing LE, how can you ensure it has the correct profile? Are
> there
coordinates for this airfoil? Even with the coordinates it sounds that it would
be challenging to ensure the entire span is accurate or do you check at some
discrete span points and then ensure the thing is fairly smooth in between?