Re: Europa-List: Re: ELT

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: ELT
From: davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2017 22:15:03

Raimo, I am very fond of Lake Inari, having walked round it, driven
round it , flown over it and even contemplated diving into it post
sauna, BUT: The problem about getting into 'Mine is bigger than yours'
arguments is that even honourable fellows like you tend to lie through
their teeth! Lake Inari isn't a nice rectangular shape - it is more like
an octupus with measles. It' average height is around 28nm and average
width around 14nm. Being generous with the conversion, (because we like
you!) that is around 50 x 30 km or 1500 million sq metres. So you are
going to ask about seven people to sit/stand on each sq metre. That is
an even more ridiculous idea than Brexit!

Fond regards, David

On 2017-11-03 21:16, Raimo Toivio wrote:

> Paul,
>
> you got it!
>
> (and remember, UK is maybe taller but WE are larger,
>
> that means we could easily populate here say 100.000.000 people)
>
> And, if you Paul happen to like maths, think about this:
>
> One (just one, not the largest) of our lake is around 100 km x 100 km (we have
say 100.000 lakes).

> Thats The Lake Inari (all who have flown to Jos Okhuisen and Nordkap have seen
it,

> Jos is living on the beech of The Lake Inari).
>
> Now carefully:
>
> During the winter its of course frozen. The thickness of ice is then say
> 50-100
cm.

> You can drive any truck or even tanks there then.
>
> OK.
>
> In the world there are about 7.600.000.000 people right now 2017.
>
> Lets assume there are 10.000.000.000 people 2030.
>
> They all could easily come to The Lake Inari (if we happen to invitate them),

> and stay over the ice quite comfortable and each person will have 1 m for
> personal
area.

> Do you believe me?
>
> All the people from the world to Finland and we could locate them over one
> fucken
frozen lake?

> Am I grazy?
>
> 100 km x 100 km = 100.000 m x 100.000 m = 10.000.000.000 m.
>
> Now you understand (at least I hope so)
>
> - Finland is so big that we could populate you ALL easily...over just one
> lake.

> (how to get food? Just make a hole to the ice and get a fish. Do not ask
> more).

> ***
>
> I hope you all understand this was an ELT related case.
>
> Raimo
>
> Paul Mansfield kirjoitti 3.11.2017 klo 15:26:
>

>> Ah - Raimo covered this in more mathematical detail!

UK!"