Europa-List: Re : TruTrak Gemini ADI ?

Subject: Europa-List: Re : TruTrak Gemini ADI ?
From: John Wigney <johnwigney@windstream.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 13:36:35
Hi Pete,

Yes, you are quite correct. Although I have been using a D10A for along
time, it is an imperfect device in my opinion since for some strange
reasonthe algorithm which controls the attitude indicationrelies on
inputs from the pitot and static pressures. If for any reason, there is
a leak or an incorrect input, the attitude indication can be totally and
dangerously unreliable. Been there, done that!

The GRT equipment attitude display relies entirely on the internal AHRS
device and the Mini range is suitable as a primary instrument.

Cheers, John