Re: Europa-List: Araldite 420A/B (Redux) Realistic Shelf Life

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Araldite 420A/B (Redux) Realistic Shelf Life
From: Graeme Hart <graeme.hart@onecoolkat.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 18:03:32
On Sun, Sep 13, 2015 at 5:23 PM, Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com> wrote:

> On Sep 12, 2015, at 9:30 PM, Graeme Hart <graeme.hart@onecoolkat.com>
> wrote:
>
> Do you have any suggestions about how to test the bond strength?
>

> GraemeI=99ll stick my neck out and suggest the following:
>
> I always kept all cut-outs and scraps of materials from trimming of
> moulded parts, etc. Find a couple of scraps of (say) 3 ply BID and bond
> them together w/ the Reduxusing a suitable set up of leverage an
d grip,
> attempt to pull them apartif the fiberglas fails before the Redu
x bond,
> I=99d feel good to go.

That was pretty much what I was thinking Fred.  I don't have any cut-outs
or scraps that I can use but I've got a lot of spare glass cloth and I can
easily make some test samples.  I'll do this once I've done a complete
inventory of the work to date and after ordering the mod kits and possibly
other parts I need from Europa.