Re: Europa-List: Araldite 420A/B (Redux) Realistic Shelf Life

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Araldite 420A/B (Redux) Realistic Shelf Life
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 22:23:37

> On Sep 12, 2015, at 9:30 PM, Graeme Hart <graeme.hart@onecoolkat.com>
wrote:

> Do you have any suggestions about how to test the bond strength?

GraemeI=99ll stick my neck out and suggest the following:

I always kept all cut-outs and scraps of materials from trimming of
moulded parts, etc. Find a couple of scraps of (say) 3 ply BID and bond
them together w/ the Reduxusing a suitable set up of leverage
and grip, attempt to pull them apartif the fiberglas fails
before the Redux bond, I=99d feel good to go.

But I would certainly invite anyone with real knowledge and experience
in this area to step up and either take issue with or confirm my
suggestion.

Fred