Re: Europa-List: Araldite 420A/B (Redux) Realistic Shelf Life

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Araldite 420A/B (Redux) Realistic Shelf Life
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 16:36:15
=46rom past discussion on this forum, I=99d ignore the expiry
date...I=99d suggest opening the containers and determining
whether or not crystals have formedif they have, warm the Redux
container in a pot of water on the stove, stirring until crystals have
dissolved, then proceed w/ a test strip or two to determine current bond
strength.

just my thoughts on what I=99d do

Fred

> On Sep 12, 2015, at 4:04 PM, Graeme Hart <graeme.hart@onecoolkat.com>
wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I am the proud new owner of Europa XS Tri-gear kit A-101.
>
> Today I was going through the kit and I found some unopened cans of
this miracle glue.

> The cans were manufactured in 2005 and are labelled with an expiry
date 6 months later in early 2006.

> In the perfect world I would just buy new adhesive but as this glue is
hard to obtain (at a reasonable price) I'm considering using the glue I
have.

> The cans show no sign of corrosion and are unopened.
>
> Does anyone know what the realistic shelf life of this product is?
Alternatively if anyone knows of a source in New Zealand or Australia so
I can minimise dangerous goods shipping charges that would be very
helpful (I'm already in an email conversation with Huntsman in
Australia).

<http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List>
<http://www.matronics.com/contribution>