Fwd: Europa-List: Mod 60 Europa Fuel Gauge

Subject: Fwd: Europa-List: Mod 60 Europa Fuel Gauge
From: roddyeuropa@aol.com
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 09:38:14
=0A=0AI mounted my float gauge just to the right of the pi
lot's headrest. There was room for =0Ait to reach the bottom
 of the tank straight down. No regrets on this. Has worked
 =0Afine for 11 years but even with the more open access
it's still very fiddly to =0Afit the flange. I had to chan
ge the gasket a couple of years ago. =0A=0APutting it there
also gives better visibility of the inside of tank when the
=0Asender unit is out (easier to fish out the washer you d
rop trying to install the =0Aflange !)=0A=0AI put my unit in
 before it came a Europa supplied kit so there is a chan
ce the =0Adimensions are different now, but I assumed it was
 the same unit.=0A=0ARoddy kesterton=0AG-IKRK=0A=0A=0A> On 29 Oct
2014, at 07:58, David Watts <dg.watts@talktalk.net> wrote:=0A> =0A
alk.net>=0A> =0A> Alan=0A> =0A> Mod 60 has a sender probe th
at is a solid 1/2" diameter tube 13" long with a =0Afloat
around it. This would prevent you from locating any place ot
her than the =0Aheadrests as it can't be bent or cut down.
=0A> =0A> Dave Watts G-BXDY=0A> =0A> =0A>> On 28 Oct 2014,
at 22:41, Alan Carter <alancarteresq@onetel.net> wrote:=0A>> =0A>>
etel.net>=0A>> =0A>> Hi All.=0A>> Has anybody done Mod 60. The
 Europa Fuel sender fit,=0A>> I have looked at it and its
not simple as the sender unit is placed in the =0Aheadrest
Pocket locker location and requires new hole cutting in the
tank.=0A>> I would like to place the sender in the existing
location of my sender which =0Ais in the middle of the tan
k, so as to use and modify my existing hole.=0A>> This wou
ld also be dependent on the length of the sender to touch
the bottom =0Aof the middle of the tank with a setting of
Zero ,this would leave a safety =0Afactor or the fuel in t
he saddle, which I think might be about 8 ltrs ?=0A>> So
if anyone has fitted Mod 60, would my way be possible,=0A>>
=0A>> Thanks.=0A>> Alan=0A>> =0A>> =0A>> =0A>> =0A>> Read this
topic online here:=0A>> =0A>> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?
                 -Matt Dralle, List Admi
=====0A> =0A> =0A> =0A=0A =0A