Re: Europa-List: Mod 60 Europa Fuel Gauge

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Mod 60 Europa Fuel Gauge
From: Roddyeurupa <roddyeuropa@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 08:16:01

I mounted my float gauge just to the right of the headrest. There was room for
it to reach the bottom of the tank straight down. No regrets on this. Has worked
fine for 11 years but even with the more open access it's still very fiddly
to fit the flange. I had to change the gasket a couple of years ago.

Putting it there also gives better visibility of the inside of tank when the
sender
unit is out (easier to fish out the washer you drop trying to install the
flange !)

I put my unit in before it came a Europa supplied kit so there is a chance the
dimensions are different now, but I assumed it was the same unit.

Roddy kesterton
G-IKRK

Sent from my iPhone

> On 29 Oct 2014, at 07:58, David Watts <dg.watts@talktalk.net> wrote:
>

> Alan
>
> Mod 60 has a sender probe that is a solid 1/2" diameter tube 13" long with a
float around it. This would prevent you from locating any place other than the
headrests as it can't be bent or cut down.

> Dave Watts G-BXDY
>

>> On 28 Oct 2014, at 22:41, Alan Carter <alancarteresq@onetel.net> wrote:
>>

>> Hi All.
>> Has anybody done Mod 60. The Europa Fuel sender fit,
>> I have looked at it and its not simple as the sender unit is placed in the
>> headrest
Pocket locker location and requires new hole cutting in the tank.
>> I would like to place the sender in the existing location of my sender which
is in the middle of the tank, so as to use and modify my existing hole.
>> This would also be dependent on the length of the sender to touch the bottom
of the middle of the tank with a setting of Zero ,this would leave a safety
factor
or the fuel in the saddle, which I think might be about 8 ltrs ?