Re: Europa-List: RG393 coax

Subject: Re: Europa-List: RG393 coax
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 09:20:41

On Oct 18, 2014, at 9:16 PM, Erich Trombley <erichdtrombley@juno.com>
wrote:
> I have the Dynon transponder installed with RG58 coax.  I wasn't too
excitedabout having to replace the coax so I thought I would give it a
try with theexisting RG59 cable. While I can't speak to losses of the
coax I haven't hadany issues with the transponder or ATC complaints and
I fly out of a toweredfield.  I also have their ADSB box, and the
traffic and weather are
> fantastic.
Erich=85thanks for this data=85reassuring on one hand while raising
questions about the quality of the technical advice I=92ve received from
Dynon. As I=92ve posted, I=92m awaiting 10 ft. of RG400 for my XPNDR and
will keep my RG58 for my COM.

You sound very happy w/ your SkyView=85you don=92t by any chance have
the new 10=94 touch screen do you?=85the TS is an option unavailable to
me w/ my 7=94 screen...tough to keep up w/ change and the latest bells
and whistles.

Fred