Re: Europa-List: where to put OAT sensor?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: where to put OAT sensor?
From: Alan Burrill <alanb@dpy01.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 16:35:57

Mine's in the air duct before the radiators.

Not sure if there is as much pressurisation as in the carb air intake.

If the airfield ever dries out I'll be in a position of being able to get off
the
ground and find out:-(

Alan

Sent from my iPhone

> On 23 Feb 2014, at 12:04, "David Joyce" <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk> wrote:
>

> Alan & rowland, problem with anywhere subject to ram air pressurization is
> that
it will give an appreciably higher temp than true OAT.(Boyle & his law). I
have an airbox temp sensor in my air plenum and also an OAT sensor in the wing
root just in front of the flap control slot and the two give significantly
different
temps once the plane is flying, if I remember rightly by something like
8C. Regards, David Joyce, G-XSDJ

> Alan Burrill <alanb@dpy01.co.uk> wrote:
>> In the air duct well forward of the radiators
>> Alan
>>> On 23 Feb 2014, at 02:55, Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com> wrote:
>>> Rowland,
>>> I used a small plastic P clip to connect it to the underside of the CD7
>>> (CBM-XS
914 Installation Manual, page 4-6) with the wiring passing through the same
grommet as the Wastegate Cable.
>>> I will be working on the Europa tomorrow.  With any luck Ill remember to
>>> take
a picture for you.
>>> Blue skies & tailwinds,
>>> Bob Borger
>>> Europa XS Tri, Rotax 914, Airmaster C/S Prop (50 hrs).
>>> Little Toot Sport Biplane, Lycoming Thunderbolt AEIO-320 EXP
>>> 3705 Lynchburg Dr.
>>> Corinth, TX  76208-5331
>>> Cel: 817-992-1117
>>> rlborger@mac.com
>>> On Feb 22, 2014, at 4:44 PM, Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I'm wondering where to put my outside air temperature (OAT) sensor.
>>> Obviously
it doesn't want to be in direct sunlight (although PA28s seem to think that's
OK), and not anywhere on the belly downstream of the exhaust. Does anyone have
a good suggestion for it? It's tiny, less than thumbnail size, so doesn't
need much room, and the wires back to the panel can be as long as needed.