Re: Europa-List: Raglan Video

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Raglan Video
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 21:16:10
Tim,

Very nice.  NZ is a beautiful country.

Blue skies & tailwinds,
Bob Borger
Europa XS Tri, Rotax 914, Airmaster C/S Prop.
Little Toot Sport Biplane, Lycoming Thunderbolt AEIO-320 EXP
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208-5331
Cel: 817-992-1117
rlborger@mac.com

On Nov 7, 2013, at 9:02 PM, Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

Hi Europa Flyers
My son, Angus, put this together flying from Raglan (North Island, New
Zealand)  home to Rangiora in the South Island for a bit of fun.
Had a Ducati regulator failure on the way home above Mt Ruapehue
eventually taking the battery out. Lost radio, transponder, GPS, engine
instruments, Aware, TCAS, intercom, trim, fuel indicator and Airmaster
propeller unit stuck in climb pitch, max continuous. Still had engine
and wings which is all we needed. Landed at Wanganui for new battery,
arriving NORDO. So the iPad (Air Nav Pro) was excellent and the cell
phone to warn the aero club at Wanganui we had no radio.
All in a days flying.

Cheers,
Tim
See;