Re: Europa-List: To cheer you up!

Subject: Re: Europa-List: To cheer you up!
From: Rob Waters <rob@squirrel.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 22:28:43

Hi Gerry,

Yes I'm still here. so sorry to hear about your prang, but very pleased you came
out of the experience OK.  Sounds like what you've done is dramatically increase
the value of the Corben you have now, as it's now the only one left. A very
cunning plan I say :)

We;ve had a great summer, day after day of blue sky. Most of the country has had
no real rain for 2 months. great for the wine growers but some of the real
farmers
are starting to get a bit twitchy. Mind you I've never met a farmer who
hasn't got something to moan about.

I'm glad that you liked Queensland. Aussie's OK, it's gets too bloody hot, has
too many flies, 1000's of miles of boring landscape and it's full of bloody
Aussies.
But it's OK. You realise of course it's just a preview for Godszone. Some
day you must get over here and I'll show you a truly  wonderful place.

I'm still far too bloody busy to have too much fun at the moment. I'm doing a
bit
of motorbike riding but no flying. I've hardly used my boat all summer but
actually the best boating weather is now and the next 6 weeks. Once I get a bit
of business stuff out of the way I'll be getting some boat time in. Hoping to
get to teh Uk in May sort of time. I'll let you know.

Good to touch base old mate. Stay safe :)

Rob

On 13/02/2013, at 12:53 AM, Gerry Holland wrote:

> Rob! Well that brought you out into the open!!! How are you?
> Cold, dank and miserable here. I guess we deserve with a Prime Minister who
> pushes
for 'gay' weddings even though they don't want that.
> Is he 'coming out' ????
> Life has been up and down for me in more ways than one. Had a great time with
Kingsley and Janice in Queensland.
> What a bloody great big country it is!
> Just prior to our departure, 5 days before, I had a very violent crash in the
Corben. In fact it's no longer! Me too nearly.
> In short I had a violent ninety degree gust picked me up at 75 feet after take
off causing port wing to stall. It then dived straight in and cartwheeled across
a ploughed field.
> Bit battered and bloody but survived. Picked up a bit when I heard the fuel
> gushing
out!
> Anyway it's a write off and all gone so.....
> I now own and am rebuilding the only Corben left in Europe. Should be ready in
late spring.
> I'm back working again for past 8 months at an Engineering Company nearby.
> Great
fun.
> Ladies wise all is well. Still have the present Mrs H. but also a lovely
> friend
elsewhere. Got to be done!
> Hope
> Will update you with new Corben when it starts to come together. Nice to hear
you are still on the Mother Ship Earth