Europa-List: Re: Mod 73

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Mod 73
From: Alan Carter <alancarteresq@onetel.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 14:48:32

Hello Bud.
Just read your posting, and as a pilot and not a builder this part of the
aeroplane
has given me concern since i purchased the aircraft.
I notice you have used Sloppy and Band Aid Fix and that,s just what it looks
like
to me.
The problem in my case not being a builder, is lack of skills and materials to
fix the problem,and not knowing who to to take the aircraft too, to have it
repaired.

In my opinion, which seem,s to get me into trouble, I think the manufacturer
should
assign designated repair centres with the skills to carry out a major
modification
as this.
I can manage without a prop, i can manage without an engine, but i can not
manage
without Stabalator control.
This part of the aircraft is vital for survival and as i see it the most vital
part of the aircraft, more chance here than the spare.
Why was,nt this complete component made welded and machine finished unit,
with the pins that drive the stabalator mirrored into a pre manufactured plate
that's moulded into each stabalator, Which would give no play.
Before i fly again i will do all you external checks.
But im not sure how much pressure to apply, it is difficult to know as people
have
different ideas of force, but say the amount the same as to lift 1/2 a bucket
of water.
Regards
Alan

Read this topic online here: