Re: Europa-List: Re: Mod 73

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Mod 73
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 01:01:40
Alan=0AI was thinking about what I told you and I'm sorry, I missed somethi
ng out. To check for play you should remove the pip pins, the play you are
looking for is in the pins that hold the drive plates to the torque tube.
=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A________________________________=0A From: Alan Carter <al
ancarteresq@onetel.net>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com =0ASent: Wednesday,
 10 October 2012, 20:24=0ASubject: Europa-List: Re: Mod 73=0A =0A--> Europa
-List message posted by: "Alan Carter" <alancarteresq@onetel.net>=0A=0AHi G
raham and All.=0ABud i did not know you have been unwell. Hope you recover
soon and see you back on the Forum.=0AGraham I was on my own yesterday when
 i carried out buds checks,=0AI also tried moving the tail planes deferenti
ally from the in front again no movement.=0AYou can not do this test by you
rself and get a proper result.=0AToday i rechecked the tail plan with anoth
er person holding one of the Stabalator planes down against the stops, whil
e i twisted the other, =0AI found it moved about 3/8 to 1/2", The Night Mar
e Begins.=0AMod 73 is signed in the log at 18/08/2007 at 165 Hours today it
 has done 358 hours.=0AThe Band Aid Fix , well Bud you are spot on, and i r
eckon there will be a lot more Europas the same.=0AI think of the plane as
know grounded or just a positioning flight.=0ACan anybody help , (Aircraft
is in the UK)=0AWhat should i do now,?=0AIs there somebody i can contact to
 come and fix it,?=0AIs there a place i could take the aircraft to,- for
repair.?=0AOr do i poor in more Loctite- which seems a crude way to fix s
uch a vital component.=0A=0AAlan=0A=0A=0A=0A=0ARead this topic online here:
=0A=0Ahttp://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=385065#385065=0A=0A=0A