Re: Europa-List: Jacking block

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Jacking block
From: klinefelter.kevin@gmail.com
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 13:03:51

Peter,
Thanks for that. I was playing with some alu angle too. The flat plate with
holes
to fit the bolt heads sounds good.

Kevin

On Aug 12, 2012, at 3:00 AM, "p-a.austin" <p-a.austin@xnet.co.nz> wrote:

>> I feel a need for a small, light, jacking block to use with most any jack
>> that
>> would be part of my tool kit in the aircraft.
>>
>> Kevin
>
> Kevin,
>
> I made one out of  Aluminium flat plate and angle welded together, the flat
> plate
has 4 holes that fit tight over the heads of the 4 bolts on the front face
of the swing arm, the angle is welded to the flat plate so one face is parallel
to the ground to which is welded a small stud to centre and stop the jack
---From slipping off. This arrangement will accommodate any scissor jack that
all
cars now carry. The only thing you need to source locally  if away from your
home field is the jack and blocks of wood to sit the jack on and the outriggers.