Europa-List: Re: Top fuselage- rear flange gap problem

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Top fuselage- rear flange gap problem
From: Troy Maynor <wingnut54@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 12:11:50

Jeroen,
Check that the firewall is not warped forward at the top edge. Mine was and
caused
the joggle gap at the rear to be too large. I drilled a 1/4" hole at the center
of the firewall, threaded an eye bolt thru it and a 2"x4", tied the bolt
off to a stick placed in the head rests, to hold it straight up while getting
the top molding fitted. Over the course of building, removing and replacing the
top for trial fitting things, it became straight as it should before actually
bonding the top on. Hope this was relevant to your question. If not, my
apologies.
Troy Maynor

Read this topic online here: