Europa-List: Re: Bing Carb Checks ----- FAA investigated fatal accident.

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Bing Carb Checks ----- FAA investigated fatal accident..
From: rampil <ira.rampil@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 09:30:09

Hi Frans,

I looked at that referenced Italian site for FlyGas.

They gave no indication that their mod had been operationally tested
in any way as of this data (Sep 13, 2010)

Their cross tube looks to be about an inch +/- in diameter. At about
a foot long, my back of napkin estimate is that there would be quite
a pressure drop across that tube at WOT, causing an imbalance in
MP across the engine.  Looks doubtful to reduce carb imbalance
vibration on that basis, but will likely cause an RPM related imbalance
of its own which would not be adjustable.

Before we jump on another bandwagon lets see some actual operational
data, preferably with an accelerometer quantifying vibration.

Cheers,

Ira

--------
Ira N224XS