Europa-List: Tail wheel control cables attachment

Subject: Europa-List: Tail wheel control cables attachment
From: Justin Kennedy <Justin@systemwise.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 10:37:37
Hi Guys,

Just a wee note on the Single carb operation. I have a 912S in my monowheel
 and had an experience which may shed a little light in this.
I was opening up to take off after a successful run up check and the engine
 would only give me 4000 RPM instead of the minimum of 5500 RPM I was expec
ting. It also sounded a bit rough.
I aborted the take off and started the search for the problem. To cut a lon
g story short a crescent shaped piece of rubber from fuel hose about 4 mm l
ong had blocked the port carburettor main jet completely.
I removed the main jet and tried to pass fuel through it and it was complet
ely blocked.
Thus I can say that a Rotax 912s will give 4000 rpm on the starboard carb o
nly. I am sure it was not doing the engine much good and  but I guess it wo
uld have provided enough power to get me out of trouble.
Good to see so many of you at Sywell.
Safe flying

Justin

Justin Kennedy
G-ZTED Europa Clasic Monowhell Rotax 912s Airmaster prop with Warp Drive bl
ades.