Europa-List: Re: Bing Carb Checks ----- FAA investigated fatal accident.

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Bing Carb Checks ----- FAA investigated fatal accident..
From: josok-e <josoke@ukolo.fi>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 02:44:52

Two years ago, one day before my second birthday, we happened to be at the same
table with the brass of the Rotax factory in Wels. And of course the question
about injection popped up. The anwser was that yes, they were working on that,
and their main difficulty was to make the efi programmers understand that in
case of any error the engine was not to shut down, but continue running, They
also suggested that there was an injection engine up and running.
Rotax probably still fails to find a programmer that will and can do that
special
job. As for the other items to be improved: Remember there is a certified
engine.
Getting a new certification because parts change seems to be very costly...
Changing parts on non-certified engines and divert from the approved stuff
could be very costly because of the US liability threats.

Read this topic online here: