Europa-List: FW: Bing Carb Checks ----- FAA investigated fatal accident.

Subject: Europa-List: FW: Bing Carb Checks ----- FAA investigated fatal accident..
From: Robert C Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 12:03:34

My attempt to get this message onto the Jabiru engines list failed probably
since I'm unsubscribed or probably I used an incorrect address.
It occurs to me that a number of Europa Owners are running with Jabiru.
Perhaps you could circulate my message and get the points taken up by the
FAA Investigation Branch? I leave it to you:-
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG Europa 337 Now with Rotax 914

Hi!
I used to contribute to this list and have recently picked up a FAA accident
report concerning a Jabiru 3300 engine.
The guy who made this report available is a Rotax "buff" and even may be a
maintenance engineer.
The said report is at :-

https://www.faasafety.gov/files/notices/2010/Apr/10-01%5B1%5D.pdf

However I have to contribute my experience on this matter for what it's
worth to satisfy my personal conscience that I have made my findings
available to any other Jabiru Engine/Bing Carb users and so ensure as far as
possible all souls are availed of this information.
It is quite possible that the FAA Accident Investigation organization
already have applied this information content but it is also possible that
people are still flying with a potential installation time bomb.
My deliberations follow below I hope those responsible will take a close
look at the installations in their domain to ensure that they are flying
safe:-

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 1:44 AM, Robert C Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>