RE: Europa-List: Re: MG folding prop

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: MG folding prop
From: Terry Seaver terrys <terrys@cisco.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 11:22:07

Hi Ira,

I had also heard it was not possible to air-start a 912S, but it can be
done.  We have done it with the Whirlwind prop and with the Airmaster,
both at about 110 knots.  We were concerned about it in motor-glider
mode, both when it would stop windmilling after shut down (between 50-60
knots), and if we could do an air start if our battery went dead while
soaring with the engine off.  The speeds worked out just right for our
needs.

Regards,
Terry
A135 / N135TD
XS with 912S, Airmaster prop, long and short wings.