Re: Europa-List: Seat Foundations

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Seat Foundations
From: rparigoris <rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 02:02:13

Hi Troy

We ordered seat cushions from Europa. Needed to make a rear seat support out of
blue foam and balsa. The idea of the balsa is when we install Teleflex long wing
airbrake cables, can hog out blue foam and the balsa should be able to
cantelever
load more "thinly" than can blue foam. The seat base is blue foam with
plywood covering. Idea is that "stuff" is going to be below the plywood and blue
foam is easy to cut pockets in.

I am happy with Factory seats after fabricating lumbar insert, comfort is good,
lumbar support is good. There are four easy configurations, no base insert just
seat base, a 1" insert, a 2" insert, and both the 1" and 2" insert. I am 68"
tall and with 1" insert I am happy. Wayne is happy with 2" insert.

We purchased pump up lumbar support, not very nice valve arrangement. After
fooling
with them and both failing, can custom adjust lumbar support very easily
with wedges of cushy foam if need b

I like the idea Graham Singleton has of using a Bean Bag or Styrofoam peanut bag
and will try both of them.

I am pretty sure Europa would know dimensions needed for seat base and back
after
having to redo mine, but you would be better off reminding them what is needed.

I have most information you need documented at:
http://www.europaowners.org/modules.php?set_albumName=album228&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

Ron Parigoris

Visit -  www.EuropaOwners.org