Europa-List: Seat Foundations

Subject: Europa-List: Seat Foundations
From: Troy Maynor <wingnut54@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 19:03:52
Hey All,
I was considering using a high density poly foam, (gray in color) to do
the initial build up of the seats instead of the blue foam we built the
plane with. I am looking at  4 inch stuff in the bottom and some 4 inch
for the wedge that blends into the same plane as the headrest to get the
desired 70 degree recline. Actually near the thigh supports it will need
to be 5 inches thick. But I guess what I am asking, will a hard high
density foam be desirable over the even harder and rigid blue stuff? I
was thinking of maybe 1 or 2 inches of the medium polyurethane for the
final toppers. Thoughts?
Troy Maynor