Europa-List: tail stall

Subject: Europa-List: tail stall
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 14:31:46

Hi All

I know we don't often fly in icing conditiona but this is an excellent
piece of research. Some of us (not me :-) ) fly large aircraft too. I
think it's well worth the few minutes to watch this NASA video. Learn
something every day.!

Graham

      Posted by: "FlyingTiger" tiger@telis.net

<mailto:tiger@telis.net?Subject=%20Re%3AWhat%20Caused%20CO3407%20Crash%2E%2Ehmmm>
        flyingtiger05 <http://profiles.yahoo.com/flyingtiger05>

        Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:35 am (PST)

The video I have added as a link is a lesson for everyone. This is
fairly new information about stalls. I fly a variety of aircraft when
they become available and believe me this is an eye opener.

You think you know about stalls? Practiced them till they made you
boring? In Cessna, Piper, Grumman, whatever? Have you given any thought
about what might have caused the crash Of CO3407 recently near Buffalo
NY? The airplane was a DH8-Q400. Google that airplane and crashes...you
might be surprised.

Beyond that have a look at this video by FAA/NASA about icing that we
all should share:

<http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2238323060735779946>

It would seem we need to give much more thought to the procedures that
have been embedded into us all through our training as pilots.

Tim