Europa-List: DUCATI troubles

Subject: Europa-List: DUCATI troubles
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 17:31:52
Well, I don't know.

I put out a panic call, answered by several, because I couldn't insert the
gang 'plug' into the bottom of the Ducati Regulator. The reason was
the'fast-ons' were allowed to rotate slightly which prevented proper
insertion - poor design.

            Anyway, the advice given was solid and, having wasted half the
day fussing, I decided to abandon the plug, extract the fast-ons from it and
insert them independently into the male fittings in the body of the
regulator. Then the #$%^&'s wouldn't come out, so I clipped the wires at the
entry intent on refitting them with new fast-ons.

            Once the plug was free, I noticed a small indent adjacent to the
plug's entry slots and the result convinced me to place this message (in
lieu of shooting someone). The indent permits one to extract the fast-on by
pressing a small tab down the indent,  which turned, allows the tab to press
a locking tab inward and freeing the fast-on.

            Of course, too late we get smart. However, I have chronicled
this brilliant discovery in the europa owners' list:

http://www.europaowners.org/

            If you're not familiar, look for "Gallery" at the end of the
first line of choices, and then go down the first page of authors till you
find "Ferg Kyle". It should be in their somewhere, under THE DUCATI.
AFFAIR.....

            Well, actually I've seem to have put it in its own album, sorry.

Cheers, Ferg

PS SteveD - save me!    How do I get the thing into my own album?