Re: Europa-List: Jab3300 Cowlings

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Jab3300 Cowlings
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 21:19:39

Robert C Harrison wrote:

> Hi! Mike.
>
> Yes I explained that even with the clips you now see, the PFA require
> another *_inverted L_* shaped clip pop riveting to the lower cowl
> either side of the spinner so that the foot of the inverted L
> engages with a suitable slot in the upper cowl by depressing the upper
> cowl to get it behind the foot of the L.
>
> Ive re-read this description a number of times and cant think of a
> way to improve it.

Bob & All
You need to remember that the pressure inside the cowl is quite high,
;-) a few inches of water pressure equivalent to 60/80 kts airspeed,
(guess of internal cowl pressure). Multiply 1/2 PSI by the area of the
cowl and it adds up to a serious amount of load. 500 lbs? I think PFA
are right.
Graham