Europa-List: filling...

Subject: Europa-List: filling...
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 10:20:29
Cheers,
        I read the article on filling the big areas wiuth great interest,
and 3 years
too late. Nevertheless it is a good treatise on the art.
        I have but one question to ask, because I pre-wetted the application
area with pure epoxy (if barely VERY sparingly, i.e: "one- atom-sheen") and
left it a few minutes to 'set'. Then applied mix.
        I quote from the lesson -

"Some people squeegee pure resin on the surface to wet it out just prior
applying the micro. I see no reason or purpose of that, I think they got
it from the way the plaster skim coat is applied on the drywall."

 - and later -
"but then when the surface starts to get wetted out, it goes on Pretty
smooth."\

Have I made my point?
Fair winds,  Ferg