RE: Europa-List: Gemini engine

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Gemini engine
From: Christoph Both <christoph.both@acadiau.ca>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 12:18:53

Please send the lengthy message along.
Thanks,
Christoph Both
Canada

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com
[mailto:owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com] On Behalf Of Fred Klein
Sent: Saturday, September 13, 2008 11:39 AM
Subject: Europa-List: Gemini engine

If anyone has interest in the Gemini 100/turbo125 diesel I'd be happy
to forward a lengthy email I've just received from Tim Archer,
president of Powerplant Development, LCC after querying him on the
engines' status and development schedule. Gemini had been announced at
Oshkosh 2007 and there was a notice in a Europa Flyer a while back...I
was curious after no additional information was forthcoming.

Financing and market conditions have been factors; the company has
memorandums of understanding with nine airframe manufacturers with an
additional eight pending to install and evaluate the Gemini in their
aircraft. Initial production is in Hastings, UK with plans for a follow
on production line in US within 24 months.

Email me off list.

Cheers,

Fred

--