RE: Europa-List: This gaping hole (nose gear)

Subject: RE: Europa-List: This gaping hole (nose gear)
From: Robert C Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 14:39:18
Hi! Bud /Frans/all
Since G-PTAG was built as a trike and a potential convertible  Mono
wheel later, I have made the bottom panel from the Mono Wheel Well into
a belly plate fixed on flanges and removable but with a hinge across the
aft 6" to access the wheel well and the fuel pipes, fuel switch and
throttle/choke box. Onto the forward section of this belly plate I have
mounted all the fuel module and two mini gascolators. All are now very
accessible and the gascolators can be checked for water  etc. Also the
pumps can be heard from the P1 position as a verification both are
running.....eventual mono wheel change ...not by me thanks!. Forward of
the wheel well the trike manual calls for an additional firewall/panel
to box out the wheel well  void and suitable flanges need constructing
to fix it in place.
Regards
Bob H