Europa-List: This gaping hole (nose gear)

Subject: Europa-List: This gaping hole (nose gear)
From: Frans Veldman <frans@paardnatuurlijk.nl>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 18:57:04

I'm building a tri-gear, and cut out the bottom of the fuselage for the nose
gear
per instructions. Apparently, the idea in the manual is to leave it as is.
What are the aerodynamic properties of this hole? is it sucking air out of the
well, or is it building pressure?

I just closed it, by installing a plate in the nose gear system. If the nose
gear
activates the spring, the plate opens with it since it is attached to the frame.
Normally it just blocks off this hole.
Of course I hope that it will be beneficial. Has someone else been closing this
hole as well? If so, was it beneficial?

Frans

Visit -  www.EuropaOwners.org