Re: Europa-List: Europa Fault Reporting

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa Fault Reporting
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 22:15:28
I cant speak for the American authorities but as far as the PFA is
concerned I have to disagree strongly with you.

Francis Donaldson and Andy Draper (the PFA engineering supremos) could
have grounded all Europas pending the outcome of the AIIB investigation
- they didnt. Instead they have worked tirelessly to implement changes
that have enabled us to continue flying.

I dont wish to undermine the usefullness of this particular forum - the
information shared here is invaluable.

As for keeping a list of mods, the Europa club already does this. There
is no reason why the matter of defect reporting could not be undertaken
by them as well.

I dont believe that policing ourselves would work. Someone has to take
unpopular decisions regarding airworthiness and for my money it is still
the PFA.