RE: Europa-List: Europa Fault Reporting

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Europa Fault Reporting
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 19:51:49

Hi! Carl
Interesting questions the replies to which will be eagerly awaited by
numerous people. I wish to make no comment however I recently asked the
forum a question and got no reply ....it is relevant to keeping the
tailplanes secured on the torque tube ...I repeat.....

I recently saw a prospective mod. suggestion which I felt to be really
good "out of the box" thinking ..... there was a spring lever through a
slot in the forward upper surface of the tailplane closeout area which
when opened by holding against the spring allowed the tail plane to push
the lever behind the drive plates and then sprung into place behind the
drive plates.
Personally I would also have the same lever/spring  arrangement also in
an aft position making two pairs of levers all in addition to the
existing pip pins.

Anyone know the status of this mod ...has it been applied for ?

Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG  914 installed and ready for first "stoke up
"...about to start works on "the moved goal posts" prior to flight test
permit application.