Re: Europa-List: Europa Fault Reporting

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa Fault Reporting
From: Steve Pitt <steven.pitt2@ntlworld.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 19:27:07

Carl, I must agree with your comments about collating information. I was
very surprised and disappointed that when the recent FSBs were issued and I
failed my own aircraft due to pip pin holes that despite advising my
inspector and Francis Donaldson personally I am not aware that anyone was
actually collating the number or type of issues that were being thrown up.
As I do not come from an aeronautic background I did not know what the norm
was, but, certainly in my world of finance, we would have noted problems to
see if there was a common thread.
I would not wish to cast an extra work on to any one body but I do wonder if
there should be some form of database held (presumably by the PFA as the
Licensing Authority) to be able to show that any FSB or similar issue had
been resolved by any aircraft on the British Register. With 200 plus flying
Europas surely it would not be that big a job for someone to manage.
Flak jackets on!!
Steve Pitt
G-SMDH
(Both pip pin holes cut out, top and bottom (see above) and ready to recast
fibreglass - for those wondering about the exercise it took about 1/2 hour
to do the cutting and shaping for each tailplane. The fibreglassing will
probably take a little longer.)