Re: Europa-List: Re Coolant Coice

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re Coolant Coice
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 00:21:12

Gilles
I think you have pointed out the difference between theory and testing.
Theory should be used to explain observed facts not the other way round.
The latent heat of vaporization of water is 525 calories per gram,
whereas it only takes one calory to raise the temperature from 99 deg.
to 100, boiling point. It won't boil until it gets the other 524 calories.
Thanks for your clear thinking. It made me think again

Graham

--
Graham Singleton

Tel: +441629820187