Re: Europa-List: Re Coolant Coice

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re Coolant Coice
From: Jos Okhuijsen <josoke@ukolo.fi>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 22:18:10

Hi Folks,

Maybe i can help and add some more fuel for thought on this burning issue.
My coolant system has an electric heater in it, and is filled with NPG.
Reasons are that cooling is not the problem in my region, heating is.
To my surprise the coolant liquid sizzles in that heater, so it is
micro-boiling.
That while i expected it not to form bubbles on the element.
If the stuff micro-boils at the heater, it will certainly do the same in
the cylinder heads.
This experience imho nolliefies the argument that NPG would prevent
micro-boiling.
The only remaining advantage for me would be that it would not pressurize
the system, preventing blow-outs.

Regards,

Jos Okhuijsen
--