RE: Europa-List: Flap Placement

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Flap Placement
From: Kingsley Hurst <hurstkr@growzone.com.au>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 12:07:33

Al,

> I'm not sure if he had moved the module back a slight amount or not.

I doubt the module would be too far back.  What I think is more likely
is that when it was installed, the rear of the module was not strapped
to that part of the module forward of the fuel tank.  This procedure is
explained in the manual but was really a bit hairy fairy because the
points from which the measurements had to be taken were hard to
determine precisely.

If indeed your flaps should and could be retracted further in their own
right, I would attack the problem by cutting away that part of the
module where the flap cross tube hits to allow more movement.  This in
turn would mean you would have to fabricate a new part to cover the slot
such that it forms a recess for the flap cross tube.  Whether or not
this is structural I don't know but I think it could be made strong
enough especially if you were to use carbon fibre cloth.

Just my thoughts.

Regards
Kingsley in Oz