Re: Europa-List: Flap Placement

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Flap Placement
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 22:34:10

Ian
The problem is tha template discribed in the plans is not accurate.
Looking at the CAD coordinates of the section. the trailing edge should
be reflexed up slightly,not apparent on the plans template. This will
reduce cruise drag slightly. (don't aske me how much :-[  but every
little helps.
IMHO the ailerons should also be up a little, which will improve control
harmony and give a bit more washout at the tips.
I no longer have access to the section, my CAD program is buried in an
old PC which doesn't work any more.

Graham