Re: Europa-List: Carb. heater block temp.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Carb. heater block temp.
From: John & Paddy Wigney <johnwigney@alltel.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 10:31:03
Hi Svein,

I have had the Skydrive carb heater blocks from day 1, they have been
completely trouble free. After start up and during normal flying, the
temp gauge flashes 'HHH'. In cold weather, the temperature indication
sometimes falls below 50 deg C. I have no restrictors and no control
valve, they are not necessary in my opinion.

Cheers,
John

N262WF, monoXS, 912S, 500+ hours
Mooresville, North Carolina

*From: "Sidsel & Svein Johnsen" <sidsel.svein@oslo.online.no>
*Subject: Europa-List: Carb. heater block temp.
*Having completed the ground testing and awaiting CAA inspection, I have time to
contemplate on one observation made:
*The temp. indicator that came with Skydrive's carb. heater blocks for 912S
shows
block temp increasing as the CHT readings *increase.  When reaching 50 degr.
C, the indicator flashes HHH (as it is supposed to do at this temp.).
*According to Skydrive's notes, the carb. heater block temp normally is between
20 and 50 degr. C.  This is, I take it, in *flight.
*Here are my questions to those already flying with this equipment:
*- Do the blocks cool down when airborne and operating the engine at normal
flying
loads, i.e. when the higher fuel volume *evaporation cools the carburetors
---From the inside?  Or does your temperature reading always stay below 50 degr.
C even when *taxiing on the ground?
*- Have you fitted any permanent restrictor in the branch-off tube to the carb.
heater blocks, or fitted the flow control *valve that Skydrive provides as an
option, in order to keep the carb. heater block temp. in the range mentioned
by *Skydrive?
*Best regards, Svein A225 - now in Norway