Re: Europa-List: Problem with XS oil cooler - N262WF

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Problem with XS oil cooler - N262WF
From: John & Paddy Wigney <johnwigney@alltel.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 09:35:05

Hi Steve,

I do not remember seeing the threaded bar/bolt suggestion but it is obviously
better than my original installation where the upper supports were probably
under excessive strain. Paul McAllister kindly sent me another idea which can
be seen at the Sept 2003 page on his website at http://europa363.versadev.com/.
This involves installing brackets from the sides of the duct to the bottom
supports on the cooler. This is what I have chosen to do.

Thanks and regards, John

*From: "Steven Pitt" <steven.pitt2@ntlworld.com>
*John Somewhere in the back of my mind is an instruction that if you want to
*lower the radiator you can (should) use a threaded bar/bolt which
*attaches to both the upper and lower brackets, thus giving a firmer
*anchor and avoiding the potential turning moment in the upper bracket
*which you seem to have suffered. Does this make sense? I think the paper
*suggested this depending on the weight/size of the radiator but it seems
*to be appropriate in this instance.
*I've tried to find the written word without success but someone more
*technically minded may have the answer.
*Regards Steve Pitt