Re: Europa-List: Problem with XS oil cooler - N262WF

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Problem with XS oil cooler - N262WF
From: Steven Pitt <steven.pitt2@ntlworld.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 09:16:35
John
Somewhere in the back of my mind is an instruction that if you want to
lower the radiator you can (should) use a threaded bar/bolt which
attaches to both the upper and lower brackets, thus giving a firmer
anchor and avoiding the potential turning moment in the upper bracket
which you seem to have suffered. Does this make sense? I think the paper
suggested this depending on the weight/size of the radiator but it seems
to be appropriate in this instance.
I've tried to find the written word without success but someone more
technically minded may have the answer.
Regards
Steve Pitt