Re: Europa-List: Stalls and spins

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Stalls and spins
From: Vaughn & Gaye Teegarden <n914va@bvunet.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 12:07:27

I have had the opposite problem on landing. Rolling out at about 40 knots
when a sudden head on wind gust put me at flying speed. The Tomahawk
immediately jumped up to about 20' above the runway. Had my instructor not
drilled into me to never take my hand off the throttle while doing
maneuvers, I would have fallen like a rock when the gust just as suddenly
ceased. Because I had the throttle full on at the top of this sudden climb,
I was able to do a go around and make a proper landing. If my hand was not
on the throttle, the time lag would no doubt have resulted in an unpleasant
flying day. We should all try to never develop bad habits or get lazy when
it comes to flying about in a really unforgiving 3D medium.Our asses truly
depend on it.

Vaughn Teegarden
N914VA (It will fly this century)