Re: Europa-List: RE: Siun-N-Fun was fun - EFIS

Subject: Re: Europa-List: RE: Siun-N-Fun was fun - EFIS
From: Keith Hickling <keithhickling@clear.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 18:33:03

Hi Jos,
Blue Mountain Avionics have just released a new generation 4 version of
their EFIS lite. Small display (3.8 inches) but it has all the previous
features plus now high resolution contoured terrain display as well as
airspace mapping on the GPS screens, showing projected track ahead.. Other
screens show flight instruments (similar to Dynon plus ground speed and
track, wind aloft ) and a HSI display from GPS displaying "virtual VOR". You
can set up any point as a virtual VOR point. It doesn't have ability to
display AOA like the Dynon.

Price is 2750 US dollars I think - inclused all the GPS system. For 3900
they now make EFIS Lite plus, with a 6 inch display.

Andy cautioned me that some people have had some problems with the previous
versions, but it does look very nice. Has anyone on the list used the BM
EFIS lite or sport EFIS ?

Regards,
Keith Hickling.