Re: Europa-List: RE: Siun-N-Fun was fun - EFIS

Subject: Re: Europa-List: RE: Siun-N-Fun was fun - EFIS
From: D Wysong <hdwysong@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 15:24:51

Hello Keith -

I recently wrote some software for a buddy that wanted a "poor man's"
repeater for his BM EFIS Lite (... something for the wife to look at
while flying in the right seat).  The refresh rate on the Lite was
horrible in my opinion (~4 Hz).... especially when compared to that of
the Dynon (64 Hz!!).  He claimed it didn't bother him in flight but it
drove me nuts just watching it on the bench.

Reports on the new G4's are encouraging, though.  Update rates are
supposed to be much better (>20 Hz) with all of the added bells n'
whistles.  He has one on order and I'm sure we'll port the repeater
software to it.  I'll report back once we put some bench time on the
unit if you wish.