Re: Europa-List: Aileron link rod adjustment

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Aileron link rod adjustment
From: Cliff Shaw <flyinggpa@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 20:22:33

Andrew

I remember this problem. On the first Europa I think we had the aileron off and
on 10 times before we got them adjusted correctly.  It was not fun.

On my plane I did the mounting bolt differently.  If some of you are reading
this
and have not built this step, take notice !!

I imbedded a threaded blind nut in the aileron rather than the bolt.  I can
unscrew
the bolt from the aileron and free up the pushrod.  Of cause this makes it
easer to make the adjustments.  And wouldn't you know, I got the adjusted right
in only two tries.

I am glad this step is behind me, Flying is much more fun  :)

Cliff Shaw
1041 Euclid ave.
Edmonds, WA 98020
425 776 5555
http://www.europaowners.org/WileE

Doing my FAA annual at this time, no flying this week.