Re: Europa-List: 914 fuel pumps

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 914 fuel pumps
From: Gilles Thesee <Gilles.Thesee@acgrenoble.fr>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 19:45:51

Hi Jan and all,

>Very interesting.
>My numbers are from the pump data published by Pierburg (on your site)
>and Rotax.
>[...]
>Don't know what to think. It seems incredible that actual performance
>could be less than half the published performance.
>
>[...]
Let's do a small "thought experiment" : if we have an adjustable valve
at the end of the fuel line, couldn't we adjust fuel flow by screwing in
or out the valve knob ?

>I'm very interested in the results of your further experiments.
>
>And I hope you get more flow results from people.

I'm in the process of crafting a new "fuel pressure regulator" page. I'm
willing to publish results from builders experiments. Measuring flow and
pressures is easier when the airplane is not finished.

Regards,
Gilles Thesee
Grenoble, France
http://contrails.free.fr