Re: Europa-List: SL-30

Subject: Re: Europa-List: SL-30
From: ivor.phillips <ivor.phillips@ntlworld.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 15:32:39

Hi Vaughn

I have set the instrument panel on 1 inch rubber mounts for isolation
purposes, And this gives 12 inches clearance to the firewall,
The SL30 carrier and wiring is 11 1/2 inches,  It will leave the SL30 radio
protruding about 1/2 inch from the front of the avionic panel,  which is
normal for most avionics
It will go above the Dynon EMS-D10, The flush bracket being 4 1/2 inches
high, followed by a Narco 890 DME then the SL30.

Subject: Europa-List: SL-30

> <N914VA@starband.net>
>
> I see from my search that a few of you have put a Garmin SL-30 nav/com in
> their Europa. I have purchased 0ne, but it appears to be too long to
> install in the panel. I haven't cut anything, so I'm looking for someone
> to tell me how they did it and where in the panel did they put it.

regards

Ivor Phillips