Re: Europa-List: Re: Battery solenoids

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Battery solenoids
From: Gilles Thesee <Gilles.Thesee@acgrenoble.fr>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 23:21:55

>Circuit schematic suggests to me it is a shunt, bit not of
>classic variety.  It appears it has to dissipate heat either
>no-load or high-load, for different reasons, but high-load
>looks worse to me.

Fred and all,

According to measurements we took two years ago, it appears the
Rotax/Ducati heat dissipation is proportional to the output. As you
said, a shunt type regulator would dissipate much heat whatever the load.
In order to help clarify matters, I hurriedly wrote this little page :

http://contrails.free.fr/elec_ducati_en.php

Further info in the future, when I sort out my previous documents and
translate them.
FWIW,
Regards,
Gilles Thesee