RE: Europa-List: Re: Pre-heating a Rotax?

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Pre-heating a Rotax?
From: Jeremy Davey <europaflyer3@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 14:34:12

Teimo,

A long-winded journey to the same conclusion :-) I concur - if preheating
means you can open the engine up sooner, it will get the cc to temp a little
sooner, and hence do more to save the environment!

I suspect, though, that this one is a marginal saving - certainly when
compared to the environmental benefits of dropping a bomb on a suburban 4x4
on every flight...!

Cheers,
Jeremy

Jeremy Davey
Europa Monowheel 537M G-EZZA
Europa Club Vice-Chairman, Webmaster, PFA NC Representative
PFA EC Member
"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, then it is
possible you haven't grasped the severity of the situation."
Tail done
Standard XS wings with mods underway
CM installed in fuse (with airbrakes fittings)
1430 build hours to date, build currently stalled due to house moves and
lack of workshop
Intended fit:
Rotax 914 turbo, Airmaster CS fully-feathering prop
Lots of lights, buttons, switches, gizmos, and alarms